- Level: Easy
- Total: 1 hr (includes standing time)
- Active: 30 min
- Yield: 6 to 8 servings
1/3 cup canned crushed tomatoes (no sugar added)
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 small clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups shredded whole-milk mozzarella
2 tablespoons full-fat sour cream
2/3 cup almond or coconut flour
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
Olive oil, for greasing
1/3 cup shredded whole-milk mozzarella
Crushed red pepper flakes and dried oregano, for sprinkling
- For the sauce: Stir together the tomatoes, oil, garlic and a large pinch of salt in a small bowl. Let sit at room temperature for at least 30 minutes (this can be made and refrigerated the night before).
- Adjust an oven rack to the lowest position with a pizza stone or turned-over baking sheet on it and preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- For the keto dough: Toss the cheese and sour cream together in a large microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 1-minute intervals, stirring in between each, until the cheese is melted; let cool slightly. Add the flour, eggs and 1/4 teaspoon salt and use your hands to mix into a dough (it will be slightly wet and stretchy).
- Brush a piece of parchment with oil. With oiled fingers, pat the dough on the parchment into a 1/4-inch-thick rectangle, making the edges slightly thicker to create a crust all around. Slide the dough onto the preheated baking stone or baking sheet and bake until golden and puffy, about 15 minutes. (The dough can be baked, cooled and wrapped the day before.)
- For the toppings: Remove the dough, top with the sauce and mozzarella and bake until the pizza is heated through and the cheese is melted, about 5 minutes more. Sprinkle with red pepper flakes, oregano and salt. Cut into triangles.